Wednesday, February 11, 2015

WEDNESDAY HODGEPODGE

 

1. Have you ever written a love letter? Have you written one recently? Had one written to you? Did you keep it?

Yes i have written many love letters although not lately. The year I got engaged I traveled to England while DH worked in Northern Quebec. I still have those wonderful letters that we wrote to each during our courtship.


2. What's a movie that ends in a way you especially love?

I am not a big movie fan although one of my favourites is “It’s a Wonderful Life” and the ending is heart warming to know that you can make a difference in the lives of others.


3. Something that makes your heart sing? And for those of you who are parents, I mean something besides your children that makes your heart sing?

Ah Joyce how could you say we can’t speak of our children or grandchildren, they are my heart. If I can’t say them I will have to chose hearing the birds sing instead.


4. What's the last event you had to attend, phone call you had to make, routine task you needed to complete, or meal you had to prepare, that you did do, but only half-heartedly?

As many of you know my mother passed away last month and I had some very difficult phone calls to make to m her friends as well as my own family. It was heart-warming as everyone had such wonderful memories to share about my mother.


5. Tuna fish salad-yay or blech? If you said yay, how do you like your tuna salad prepared? Hey, this is the Hodgepodge, right?

Yuck to tune fish. Besides being allergic to it I really don’t like it.

6. What's something you 'know by heart'?

The first to come to mind is “The Lord is my shepherd” which I can say by rote and have said a lot lately.


7. In the spirit of Valentine's Day, what two or three word phrase would you write on a conversation heart for someone you love? That someone could be a spouse, child, parent, cousin, bestie...anyone at all whom you love.

To my husband – “you hold my heart”

8.  Insert your own random thought here.

We have never really celebrated Valentine’s Day as a super holiday. When we were first married we had very little money however we would splurge a steak and share it. Roses are way over priced at this time of year as well. When the children were growing up I had a heart shaped pan and would make fudge or a chocolate cake to celebrate. It is also a great time to use the red candles to make an ordinary meal a little bit special. This year we have a dance to attend and are looking forward to it.

HAPPY VALENTINE’S DAY!