Wednesday, January 28, 2015

WEDNESDAY HODGE PODGE

 

1. When did someone last suggest you 'chill out'? Or, when did you last tell someone (or want to tell someone) to 'chill out'? Or, when did you last tell yourself to 'chill out'?

With my mother’s passing 2 weeks ago I have had several occasions where I have had to step back and consider a lot of options. Fortunately DH is a good sounding board and he keeps me focused. Who knew there was so much to do?


2. What most recently caused your heart to melt?

With making arrangements for my mother’s memorial service my heart was touched by my son M who arranged for his sister H to travel all the way from Charleston to participate and be with the rest of the family. He also arranged for hotel rooms for all of us. The love shown was enough to melt our hearts.


3.  "An adventure is only an inconvenience rightly considered. An inconvenience is only an adventure wrongly considered." G.K. Chesterton 
Your thoughts? When did you last experience either an adventure or an inconvenience? How did you see it at first, as an adventure or an inconvenience?  Does it feel the same in hindsight?

Our city is full of construction every where so we have taken a lot of detours to avoid it. It is an inconvenience because we have to add an extra time to our travel however we are rediscovering parts of our city we haven’t seen in a while. It is amazing how much our city has changed.


4.  A
Wendy's Frosty, root beer in a frosty mug, or a frosted chocolate cupcake...of these three, which one is your favorite 'frosty' treat?

The chocolate cupcake all the way!


5. Would you say your life so far this year has been more like a circus or a symphony? Explain why.

It has been more of a symphony and I am glad of the harmony that is in my life at the moment.


6. Since it's a 'snow day' here, what's your favorite song containing the word 'white'?

“I’m dreaming of a White Christmas”.


7. If you had to leave the city you currently live in, what would you find the hardest to leave behind?

My friends and my family would be the hardest to leave behind. I have lived here all of my life and would struggle to make another place feel like home.


8. Insert your own random thought here.

I am glad to be blogging again. It was strange not to have access to the internet for a week. I have had to change my daily routine but I am sure it will work out. My Dad has been moved to another room in the Retirement Home which will be safer for him. The “Granny Tea” will take place on Saturday, June 13th and we are working on items for a Silent Auction. It is an event that is bringing all of the grandchildren together. My mother would be very proud.