Wednesday, January 21, 2015

WEDNESDAY HODGE PODGE

 

1. American Idol is back for a 14th season. Are you watching? Have you ever watched? If you were to audition for the show (or were made to audition), what song would you sing?

No I have never watched the show. We prefer the dancing shows. I once sang “Edelweiss”.

2.  Mark Twain is quoted as saying, "If it's your job to eat a frog, it's best to do it first thing in the morning. And if it's your job to eat two frogs, it's best to eat the biggest one first."

So when did you last have to 'eat a frog'? Or two? How'd that work out?

I guess my equivalent to eating a frog this week has been taking care of all the work involved in settling my mother’s estate. We had lots of meetings with banks and lawyers as well as cleaning out her apartment. We packed up her clothes and donated them to Variety Village which supports Diabetes. We are also working on her Memorial Service for this Sunday.

3. If you were going on safari, what is the number one animal you'd want to see?

I would love to see an elephant.

4. January 21st is National Granola Bar Day. I know. Do you like granola bars? Chewy or crunchy? Your favorite flavor? How about regular granola? Let's exhaust this topic in honor of the holiday okay?

I don’t eat Granola bars although there is a cereal that I like and I used to mix it with Cheerios although I have cut back since it has a lot of calories.


5. If only we could all live forever without pain or illness.

6. You can add one item to your bedroom. What will it be? Keep it family friendly please.

I would love to have room for my rocking chair however my bedroom is way too small so it stays in the study.

7. What is one thing you've enjoyed about winter thus far? If it's not winter in your corner of the globe, what season is it, and what is something you've enjoyed about whatever season it happens to be?

We have had a lot of cold weather but not a lot of snow. We have not had to shovel out too often.

8.  Insert your own random thought here.

It has been a crazy 2 weeks. Mom passed away last Monday without recovering from a massive stroke. That is a blessing in itself as she would not have wanted to live her life in a paralyzed state. However it does mean that we have a Memorial service to plan and an estate to settle. My Dad has Alzheimer's, so we also have to make changes to provide for his safety. Mom was his primary caregiver and now my sister and I have to make some decisions.

I am so thankful for my friends and especially my family for their support and love at this time.