Wednesday, December 31, 2014

WEDNESDAY HODGE PODGE

 

1. Share a favorite moment from your Christmas holiday celebration.

My favourite moment came on Christmas Day as  I sat down at my son’s dining room table with my 3 children, their spouses, my 6 grandchildren and my husband. It has been a couple of years since we have all been together and it may be some time before it happens again.

2. What would you say has been the biggest news event during your life so far?

There have been many however the one I will always remember is the death of John F Kennedy. I was in grade 7 homeroom and the teacher came in at 2 pm shaking like a leaf. He then burst out the news that the president of the US had been shot. My mother was ironing at the time and she didn’t finish it for 3 days as we all sat around the tv watching the news.

The other event was 9/11. I was in my office when it happened and only found when I went for a coffee. Since the only tv was in my office I had many visitors and made many phone calls that did not pertain to work.

Both of these events changed the way I see the world and they have certainly impacted many lives.

3. The Pantone Color of the Year for 2015 is Marsala. What say you-like or no like? Would I find this color anywhere in your home or wardrobe? Will you add something in this shade to either?

To be honest I had to google the colour. I like the wine colour and have a few tops in a similar shade as well as  a table cloth. I am not likely to add much to either my wardrobe or my home decor.

4. Would you rather meet your ancestors or your great grandchildren? Explain why.

I want to be able to meet my great grandchildren. My mother has just added another great grandchild to make it 13. I love my grandchildren and would love to see them married and successful.

5. Share one life lesson learned in 2014?

I learn from my grandchildren every day. I always say I don’t need a gym because I spend time with them. They keep me active and young.


6. What was your best or favorite purchase made in 2014?

My favourite purchase so far is our cruise that we are taking in 63 days.

7. What is one thing you're looking forward to in the new year?

 I missed cruising this year and look forward to next year where we actually have 2 cruises planned.

8.  Insert your own random thought here.

Christmas time was hectic with my daughter and her family here but it was fun. We weathered through some sickness and enjoyed our time together. Now I plan to stay bundled up as the cold winter weather sets in and dream about our cruise in March. I also have a new great nephew who was born on December 27th. This is my sister’s second grandchild. Welcome to the family.

I want to wish everyone a Healthy and Happy New Year!

There will be no Hodge Podge next week as Joyce our wonderful hostess is having a wedding. See you in 2 weeks time.