Wednesday, December 10, 2014

WEDNESDAY HODGE PODGE

 

Despite the fact that Joyce  is planning a winter wedding + Christmas = not a lot of time to blog.  She does however always have time for the Hodgepodge. Here are this week's questions...

1. What is one new holiday tradition you'd like to establish, or one you've established recently, say in the last year or two?

In the last couple of years we have been going to our son’s home for Christmas Eve. My DIL’s church offers a Children’s Christmas Eve service and I look forward to attending again this year. We leave my son and DH at home to finish cooking the turkey dinner for us. After dinner we open gifts with the children and they can go to bed early. D H and I still drive around before we come home to admire the Christmas light displays that people work so hard to put up. This is a tradition we have carried over since our own children were little.


2. It's the second week of December. Have you sipped a cup of eggnog yet this month? Wrapped a gift? Opened a gift? Kissed someone under the mistletoe? Lit a candle? Eaten a Christmas cookie? Seen Santa in person? Watched a Christmas movie or special? Read scripture relating to the birth of Jesus?

Yes I have personally sat on Santa’s knee twice. The first time was with my daughter C and the second time was with my daughter C, DIL M and the grandchildren E, F, and T. As well I have eaten Christmas cookies although I have more to make.


3. Do you think it's better to be an adult or a child at Christmastime? Explain.

Christmas is always about the children. New Year’s is for the adults.


4. It's often said, 'Good things come to those who wait'...agree or disagree? Why?

Yes and No! Sometimes you have your own good things happen. If you sit and wait for it you could get very lonely. I am counting down to my good thing – a cruise and it is only 87 days away. We also got good news concerning the cruise – the price has dropped so we are also saving some money.


5. What's the last sweet thing you baked? Did you keep it, take it to a party/event, or give it away?

I babysit my grandchildren every week and there is an expectation that Grammy will bring a treat. Last week it was shortbread cookies as well as reindeer cookies. We also went for dinner after E’s concert so an apple pie was included. This week I am thinking fudge. The good thing is I get to bake and I don’t eat the whole thing. Thanks grandchildren!


6.  This question comes to us courtesy of Jhona who blogs over at The Red House at the End of the Lane. Everyone hop over and say hi to Jhona this week!  Here is her question... "I heard an actor talk about how he makes a conscious choice to talk to people in elevators.  He chooses to connect, make eye contact, and converse. Do you talk to people/strangers when you're in an elevator or any other place where you might have to wait together? Why or why not?"

I am a big talker! Every where I go in fact my children say I used to embarrass them however they got used to it. I especially love talking to the children and babies.


7. Are you on the naughty or nice list this year? What put you there?

Of course I am nice. I am just enjoying every day that I can.


8. Insert your own random thought here.

Speaking of the grandchildren I have completed all of their knitted Christmas presents. I hope they fit and everyone stays warm and cozy this winter. I understand that they have already picked out next year’s projects so that I have time to make them for everyone. Now is the time to finish decorating the house and get ready for our daughter’s family next weekend.