Tuesday, December 9, 2014

THOUGHTFUL TUESDAY

 

Time out for Mom

Random Acts of Kindness

As Christmas approaches we get so caught up in the trappings of Christmas. We are out shopping for food and gifts for our friends and relatives and wait in long lines and fight for parking spaces.

Christmas comes at the same time every year and yet people leave everything to the last minute. I have seen and heard people yelling and pushing, cursing and swearing because the lines are so long at the checkout or in the parking lots. Of course many suggest that the stores hire more people to take care of them and that the parking lots be bigger but that wouldn’t help.

How do we combat this? First of all we need to take our patience with us when we leave the house. As a retired person my time is not as important as others. I can always go another time and I often do avoid the crowded times like weekends and evenings however I do take my daughter shopping after work and face the crowds with her.

I also love to spend time with my grandchildren and give their parents a chance to work or play without them worrying. I love to take cookies, cakes or pies when I go for a visit because I enjoy baking and everyone enjoys eating them. As a grandmother I never leave home without kleenex and bandaids in my pockets because one never knows when they will be needed and I have needed them.

Even though we have not had a lot of snow yet, the time will come. Shovelling out our neighbours walkway or even putting away the garbage bins all help a little.

Just being on the end of a phone line when one of my grandchildren needs someone to talk to you gives purpose to being needed.

I haven’t asked for anything for Christmas because all I need is the love of my husband, children and grandchildren. Being able to see them will do for me.

What kindness can I do for you?