Sunday, December 21, 2014

MEMORY MONDAY

 

My mother has written her memoirs and has been after me to write mine. I have been resisting for a while however I am creating Memory Monday to help me along. Come join me with your own memories. Each week will be a different prompt to encourage the writing of your memories. Link your memories and share them with everyone.

Our prompt is: My Children

DH and I have 3 wonderful children. They are unique in their own way. My first child is H and she was born one day after my MIL’s birthday. She was also the first grandchild on both sides.  My mother told my husband to call her first and sat by the phone anxiously waiting to hear. It was a long day for everyone however H made her presence  at 5 pm and caused quite a stir because she had lots of black hair. The other babies in the nursery were mostly bald. Mother raced up to the hospital and exclaimed that she looked like an Indian princess.

img092

Our second daughter C was born 19 months later. She was tiny and looked Chinese with her black hair. Because my mother was busy looking after H and DH was working I had very few visitors except my BIL. Everyone thought he was the father and put him in a hospital gown to hold her. She also looks very much like my sister P so he felt an instant connection.

img093

Our son M was born 11 months and 1 day later. The night before he was born we were playing bridge at my parents’ home because they were minding the girls while I went to the hospital. My Dad asked DH if the third baby would be a boy or a girl. DH answered by saying if the baby’s hair was black it would be a girl and if it was blonde it would be a boy. During the delivery we surprised the doctor by announcing the sex of the baby before he was completely born.

img094

With 3 children under the age of 3 it was quite a challenge. I washed 4 dozen diapers a day for a year. Getting everyone dressed to go outside took organization although having a 3 seater couch helped. We also had 3 car seats in the back of a little car until the mini-van came into being. Unfortunately I was a stay-at-home Mom and DH worked extra hours to support us.

I am sure the children will tell you that we faced many challenges along the way but I think they have all done well for themselves.

I I

Next Week’s Prompt: More Christmas Memories

My daughter made us a Memory Monday button that you can grab from my sidebar if you want.

Retired Not Tired Memory Monday

Please link up your posts to this continuing linky so we can watch each other’s memoirs develop over this year.  Please use the format of “PROMPT – BLOG NAME” so we can follow each week’s writing.