Friday, December 26, 2014

FRIDAY FRAGMENTS & FOUR FILL IN FUN

 

Half-Past Kissin' Time

Feeling Beachie

Happy Boxing Day!

The day after Christmas became known as boxing day and was originally an English custom. The Lords in England would share their Christmas with their employees and everyone received a box. These days the day has become known for shopping. This year may not be as good since Canadians are adopting the Black Friday shopping style instead. Personally I don’t shop either one.

Christmas plans got changed slightly when my son’s family woke up sick on Christmas Eve. We were originally going to have dinner and gift opening with them after attending the Christmas Eve service. However my daughter H’s in-laws kindly stepped in and we had Christmas Eve with them instead. We went out for Christmas dinner at my son’s on Christmas Day.

The best gift I got this Christmas was from my whole family. All 3 children, their spouses and my 6 grandchildren as well as  hubby sat at one table for dinner. It was beautiful. I also got books, 2 sweaters and concert tickets.

This week’s co-host is Obi from Eloquent Rambles- she came up with the last 2 statements:

The statements:

  1. When it is cold outside I wrap up in a blanket and read a good book.
  2. A family dinner is my idea of sharing.
  3. Getting in the car is my go to way to travel.
  4. I must have hot water in the shower.