Wednesday, October 8, 2014

WEDNESDAY HODGEPODGE

 

1. Do you manage your own money or do you have a financial planner who helps in some way? Do those kinds of conversations stress you out? A lot or a little?

We have had help with our financial plans. We belong to a Credit Union and they are very helpful. Our insurance agent was also our retirement agent. Of course my company was very helpful as well. We may not be rich but we will be comfortable.


2. The second week of October is Pet Peeve Week. Off the top of your head, share TWO of your current pet peeves.

Distracted drivers have become one of my biggest pet peeves. Drivers on cell phones are the worst. I am also a non=smoker and smokers tend to be very inconsiderate and dirty.


3. What is one thing you'd like to learn right now, this very week if you could?

I would love to learn more about computers.


4. How concerned are you about the recent health related news concerning
Ebola? How about Enterovirus D68?

Yes! We love to travel and catching any disease is a big concern for us.


5. Garfield, Nemo, or Tigger-your favorite orange cartoon character?

Sorry, none of the above. They are all later than my growing up years.


6. I'm going to see
Gone Girl with my neighborhood book club this week. So often books made into film are disappointing. What's a book turned film you thought was well done, in that the casting was 'like you pictured' when you read the book, and the film plot remained mostly true to the book plot?

I would have to say “Gone with the Wind”. I don’t see too many movies especially in theatres because I fall asleep.


7. What is one story your family always tells about you?

My Mom likes to tell the story of how I came to be named Judy. Both of my sisters are named after aunts however I was named after the daughter of my parents first landlord. Judy K used to sit on my Dad’s knee at breakfast and watch him drink his coffee. Apparently she was cute. Hopefully I am as cute as she was.

8. Insert your own random thought here.

I have started a new meme and I am hoping a few bloggers would be interested in joining me.

Retired Not Tired Memory Monday

It has taken me a while to create it. My daughter H is so busy she can barely keep up with her blog. She helped me set it up. It was her birthday yesterday and she had to work. Poor thing!

Tomorrow is my sister P’s birthday as well as my friend M’s.

We also booked a winter cruise yesterday. I am almost packed.

Have a great week everyone!