1. I'm celebrating a birthday this week so a question relating to aging feels appropriate. Douglas MacArthur is quoted as saying, 'You are as young as your faith, as old as your doubt; as young as your self-confidence, as old as your fear; as young as your hope, as old as your despair." Would you agree? If not why not?
I prefer “you are as young as you feel” and some days that is old and other days that is very young. I know I would never want to be back in my 20’s and 30’s. Middle age were my best years and retirement years are excellent.
2. What remarkable feat, interesting piece of trivia, or historical event occurred on your birth day and month? Not necessarily in your birthyear, just the same date/same month.
I looked it up on Google and my birthdate was pretty boring. I do share my birthday with Elizabeth Taylor and a dear friend of mine.
3. Describe a time or circumstance where you wanted to 'have your cake and eat it too.'
Now! I am retired and would love to have all of the money to be able to do everything I want especially cruising. Time is no longer an issue although while cruising I would be away from my grandchildren so I would have to take them with me a few times a year.
4. What's something you do that makes you feel young? Something that makes you feel old?
Looking after my grandchildren keeps me young. I enjoy sharing the old fashioned games with them. I feel old when I can’t keep up with them especially when it comes to their technical gadgets.
5. When did you last do something that was 'a piece of cake'?
I had to think long and hard for this one. I don’t do anything hard these days.
6. Beef, wine, and cheese all improve with age. What's something else you'd add to that list? (not necessarily food or beverage)
7. If I were to have a giveaway when we hit Volume 200, what should I give away? By my calculations we'll hit Volume 200 on November 26th, the day before Thanksgiving, which means whoever wins would have whatever it is in time for Christmas.
What about a basket full of hodge podge since that is the theme of your blog. A little of this and a little of that.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
This has been a busy week as our activities are getting back into the swing of things. My granddaughter E complained that recess was boring. I suggested she take a skipping rope to school however she was told it is a hazard and not allowed in the school yard. Tall slides have also been closed down. Hard balls can also prove dangerous. How did we survive to adulthood with all of the dangerous activities we pursued?
It is definitely time to put away the summer clothes and get out the sweaters and slacks. I am even wearing a jacket. Summer is gone and Fall has arrived. Cool mornings and nights and some sunshine during the day.
I hope everyone has a good week!