Wednesday, September 10, 2014

WEDNESDAY HODGE PODGE

 

1. On Thursday we pause to remember a dark day in history-9/11. Will you mark it in some special way?

I was still working when this tragedy happened. I was the only office to have a tv so everyone came to my office for updates. One of my colleagues had a daughter working in New York at the time so we worried on her account. My girlfriend’s company also had dealings with New York so we were very distressed. I won’t do much to celebrate except to remember those who were lost.


2. Do you ever/still...listen to an actual radio? Watch a videotape (VCR)? Look up a number in a phonebook? Refer to a paper map while traveling? Set an alarm on an alarm clock as opposed to your phone?

Yes we listen to a radio in the car and if I am working around my bedroom I will put on the radio. No we do not use the VCR since it broke and we can’t get it fixed. I have boxes of VCR movies which I can’t get rid of. No I use the internet to look up telephone numbers. Yes we use a paper map when we travel. D H is the navigator and he has many map books. He calls them MPS. Yes if I have to set an alarm it is on my clock radio not my phone.


3.  Is it ever a good idea to discuss religion or politics with people you don't know?

In all of our travels we try to avoid politics and religion however our American acquaintances want to talk about our medical and the mayor of our city has made a spectacle of himself and is on the talk show circuit so politics does come up in our conversations.


4. What's a dish you haven't eaten all summer, but come September find yourself craving? Have you made it yet this month?

D H and I saw pepper squash in the supermarket yesterday and D H thinks he will try it on the BBQ>


5. What's something you know nothing about?

I am not very good when it comes to using the new technology.


6. September is Classical Music Month. Do you like classical music? If so, what's your favorite piece?

Yes I love classical music. Beethoven is my favourite composer and I love “moonlight sonata” as well as “Ode to Joy”.


7. What's the oldest thing you own?

I have some of my grandmother’s jewellry as well as my grade school watch and ring. I was going to say my husband but I do have things older than him.


8.  Insert your own random thought here.

I have been very frustrated lately because my blogging friends have stopped their blogs. I am no proficient enough to start my own topic so I am thankful that Joyce is continuing to feed my habit.

I have also started a little job. It isn’t really work and it doesn’t require too many skills. Our neighbour across the street has gone back to school and needs someone to get her 2 children on the school bus in the morning. I told her in the summer that I would be a back up if she needed help. Well her regular helper is away for the next couple of weeks so the children are coming to me in the morning. The first day they just watched tv however yesterday we played chalk on the sidewalk and had a wonderful time. Today I going to get the bubbles out. Tough job but someone has to do it.