Thursday, July 24, 2014

THOUGHTFUL THURSDAY

 

 photo image13_zps64a48e1e.png                Everyday Ruralty

Today I am joining in 2 memes. The first is with Brenda for Pondering at http://bygadventures.blogspot.ca/ and the other is with Patrice and Wendall at http://www.everydayruralty.com/

Today's word is BLANKET

I am famous for my baby blankets. I crochet them in giant granny squares. Last year I gave away about 15 blankets to new babies. The babies love them because they are soft and they can put their fingers in them.

View photo.JPG in slide show

I really do not like driving in a blanket of fog. It is too hard to see the car in front of you. It was foggy on our drive through Newfoundland.

I am donating the blanket box to my son and his family to use at their cottage. It is taking up too much space in my bedroom. The only blankets I use are thermal because I am allergic to wool.

I usually avoid making blanket statements. Let’s not be too general. Being specific is more accurate and gets the point across.

I am drawing a blank now.

Today's Questions:

  1. Other than those who live in your home, who's the last person who came to your front door? This week has been a lot of family. My daughter is visiting from South Carolina and on Monday all of the grandchildren came to play. We even had extra children as the neighbour children came to play with us as well.
  2. Do you have many photos around your home? Yes and the grandchildren are fascinated with the pictures of their parents when they were children.
  3. Do you like mint? Is there a favorite type of mint for you? How do you enjoy it? Yes! I guess peppermint is my favourite.
  4. Do you enjoy your own parties and other times with guests, or are you so busy working...? I love giving parties however I do find that I don’t get as much time to visit with my guests.
  5. What do you want to be when you grow up more? Job, hobby, self improvement, etc. I am retired and before I retired I did a lot of research because I like to keep busy. We love to travel and I love to read and knit for my family. We are very conscious of our health. It is a lot more fun to be retired than to work.

Have a great day!