Thursday, June 12, 2014

THRIVING THURSDAY

 

Watch me!

 photo image13_zps64a48e1e.png

It is always a pleasure to join Brenda at BYG Adventures to ponder words with many meanings.

Today's word is WATCH!

I love to wear a watch. I consider it a fashion accessory however I don’t read them very well anymore. I am also cheap and look for watches that cost no more than $10. I have a drawer full of used watches that need new batteries, however a battery usually costs more than $10 so I just buy different watches. I do own a very expensive watch that my parents gave me when I graduated Grade 8 and again I don’t use it because it costs a fortune to keep it running. It also needs to be wound up to keep it going.

Have you ever seen a ring watch? I have one of those as well. Years ago when I was in Switzerland I couldn’t decide between a cameo ring or a watch so I got a cameo ring watch. I gave it to my mother who has since returned it me. I have owned pendant watches as well as wrist watches. I have gold, silver, pearl and black watches. Although if I want to know what time it is I check the microwave or the telephone because they tell time in a digital fashion.

Just the other day, we had a power failure while we were in Charleston S.C. The alarm clock was flashing so I reset it because we had to get up early to return home. I read my watch and then set the clock one hour earlier so instead of getting up at 5:30 am we got up at 4:30 am. My poor son-in-law thought we wanted to leave their hospitality even earlier than we said.

Of course watch can also be used as a warning. Watch out! You can watch a pot boil or your grandchildren play in the playground. We love to watch plays and television. I love to watch the birds flying around and watch the flowers grow in the garden.

You can be a spectator and watch a ports game. You can keep an eye out for criminals and we have a Neighbourhood Watch!

When driving on the highway be sure to watch out for policemen who are looking for speeders and unsafe drivers.

What do you watch out for?