Monday, June 16, 2014

MEET ME ON MONDAY

 

Acting Balanced

Welcome to Monday Quiz About Me - hosted by Heather & Wayne from Acting Balanced.  We are continuing to answer questions together.  A special shout out this week to Judy from Retired-not-Tired for getting Heather off her butt and getting the questions up!

Here are the Questions:

1. It was Father's Day in North America this weekend, share something special about a dad in your life:

My Dad has alzheimer’s, however he is a self-made man. He practically raised himself. His mother passed away when he was 8 years old. He was the youngest of 8 children and was an uncle when he was born. I used to say that I had an aunt older than my grandmother because he had sisters older than my mother’s mother. He owned his own business for more than 50 years and at one time it supported 7 families. He has inspired me to achieve my dreams and for that I have much to be thankful for. Love you Dad!

2. Today is Fresh Veggies day - what is your favorite veggie to have fresh - raw or cooked?

I have to pick 2. I love broccoli and cauliflower. I can eat them raw or cooked especially with a cheese sauce.

3. Wednesday is National Splurge Day - if money was no object, what would you splurge on?

Any one who knows me knows the answer to this question would be on a cruise, especially to Australia and New Zealand.


4. Do you like to walk? Where is your favorite place to walk?

I love to walk. Most of the time it is just around our neighbourhood however I do like our beach walk as well. With the price of gas sky rocketing we walk to the grocery stores whenever we can.

My 5th question is:

All of our neighbours have big home renovation projects on the go and we just completed putting siding on our house, so do you have a major renovation in your future?