Wednesday, May 28, 2014

WEDNESDAY HODGE PODGE

 

1. What news story are you following right now?

We have 2 elections going on at the moment so a lot of politics is on our news.


2. What's the last thing you wanted but didn't get?

It has been a long time since I haven’t got what I want however I remember a long time ago when I asked for a hair dryer for Christmas and got luggage instead. Of course I got the hair dryer for my birthday.


3. May 28th is National Hamburger Day...when did you last have a hamburger? Other than your own kitchen or BBQ grill, where is your favorite place to go for a hamburger? And for all you non-meat eaters out there...when you're invited to a cookout what is the one side dish you hope is on the menu?

My favourite place for a hamburger is Harvey’s. I don’t know if it is only a Canadian chain. I also do not eat my hamburger in a bun. I only have tomato and ketchup as a garnish as well.


4. How have your priorities changed over time?

Of course! While I was working my priority was to retire. I now prioritize my cruises.


5. What's a favorite memory with your grandparents?

I have many however one of my favourites goes back to when we took my grandmother shopping for new dresses and then raised the hem lines above the knee so she would be in fashion. There was always a cup of tea with my grandmother.


6. On a scale of 1-10 (with 10 being fantastic!), how good are you at multitasking? Share an example.

Probably a one. I have the time to do one thing at a time.


7. How would you summarize your highs and lows for the month of May?

The highs were all of the parties with the grandchildren. My grandson T’s first birthday, M’s first communion and the week the girls E and F stayed with us. Also my visit with my parents.

The low is all of the headaches associated with fixing our house.


8.  Insert your own random thought here.

We are one our way to visit our other grandchildren in South Carolina so I won’t be visiting everyone on the blog this week.

Have a good week everyone!