Wednesday, May 21, 2014

WEDNESDAY HODGE PODGE

 

1. Under what circumstances do you do your best thinking?

I do my best thinking when I should be sleeping. I keep a note pad beside my bed to write down my thoughts in the middle of the night. I often get up and work on the computer if I can’t get back to sleep.


2. Are you a risk taker? What's one big risk you've taken?

I am a semi-risk taker. My father was a bit of a gambler however my mother was the methodical type. My husband does not take risks so I do like to push the envelope a little bit.


3. Some of the most common phobias according to the National Institute for Mental Health are-fear of spiders (arachnaphobia), snakes (ophidiophobia), heights (acrophobia), fear of spaces from which escape is difficult (agoraphobia), fear of thunder and lightening (astrophobia), fear of dogs (cynophobia), injections (trypanophobia), social situations, flying (pteromerhanophobia) and fear of germs and dirt (mysophobia). True phobias affect only 10% of adults, but of those listed which would you rate as your greatest fear?

I don’t have any of those fears listed however I have a fear of falling down stairs. I am sure it is also among the phobias listed because I have told other people who share the same concern. Falling up the stairs is second.


4. Are you settled or do you feel the need to move somewhere new?

We have lived in our house for 37 years. We bought a house 6 blocks away from where both my husband and I grew up. We thought about moving when we retired because we love to travel and thought an apartment would suit us however we love our neighbours and we can walk every where. In fact our neighbourhood has become one of the most sought after according to the real estate experts.


5. What is something you find annoying when dining in a restaurant?

We don’t often eat in a restaurant anymore however lack of service is always my number one pet peeve. I want an attentive waitress who is available when I need something. Good food that is well prepared of course is also important.


6. Daffodil yellow, sunset orange, spring green, or sky blue...your favorite color this time of year?

Daffodil yellow is my favourite however I also love the purples that show up at this time of year.


7. If you were going to take a holiday all by yourself, where would you go?

Too easy! A cruise of course.


8.  Insert your own random thought here.

DH and I went to a luncheon yesterday and the guest speaker was a handwriting expert. Have you ever had your handwriting analyzed? It was a lot of fun. Beside speaking, our guest works with companies to hire the right people for the right jobs. She showed pictures of important people and their handwriting. She also pointed out the importance of the right tie for men. Do you have a downward striped tie in your closet? If you do, get rid of it because it portrays a negative image. Hand writing can show your personality as well as your moods. Of course our children are in trouble because the schools no longer work on cursive writing which is a shame. I also heard that teaching spelling will soon be lost. Our poor children!