Wednesday, March 19, 2014

WEDNESDAY HODGE PODGE

 

Hodgepodge Questions-thanks to Joyce from this side of the pond!
Here are the questions to this week's Hodgepodge:

1.  Thursday marks the first day of spring...to celebrate would you rather plant a garden or go for a walk in the woods? Would either of those activities be possible on Thursday where you live?

I would chose to walk in the woods. It is one of our favourite activities however the only walking we will do this Thursday is down our walkway as we shovel more snow.

2. When did someone last spring something on you? (or when did you last spring something on someone?)

I am not much into surprises however when we celebrated our 40th wedding anniversary last year we reconnected with several of our wedding party that we hadn’t seen in 15 years (since our 25th celebration).


3.  We often think of spring as a time for new beginnings. What's something you'd like to start doing this spring?

We are going to begin a bathroom renovation. We are also going to refresh the outside of the house.


4. Where do you like to sit in a movie theatre? When did you last sit there, and what were you watching?

Don’t sit in movie theatres. I tend to fall asleep so I don’t go. The last time I went with my daughter and saw a Diane Keaton movie but don’t remember the name of it. It also came on tv one month later.


5. When you meet someone for the very first time, what do you want them to think about you?

We meet most new people on our cruises so I ask how many cruises they have taken and with whom?


6. March is frozen food month (yes, really!). Besides ice cream (gotta make you think a little) what's your most often purchased frozen food item?

Our biggest frozen food purchases are french fries and frozen vegetables.

7. What's something you avoid?

I try to avoid housework and cooking. Thank goodness hubby does both.


8. Insert your own random thought here.

It is another stay at home day as we are under another weather advisory. Today it is freezing rain in the city and snow just north of us. Our original plan was to drive to Ottawa to visit my parents however they are expecting 10 cm (5 in) of snow. As well even if we had wanted to take the train we couldn’t because of a protest which has blocked the way.We will visit on Sunday instead.

We did plan for this at home so I have lots to do.

Monday and Tuesday we went to lunch with my retired friends. It is so great to see everyone and catch up on the news. Lunch was good too. Several of my friends are going to be grandmothers so I have more baby blankets and sweaters to knit and crochet. I also got some more books to read.

Tomorrow is the first day of Spring however winter is not finished yet. Easter is late this year so maybe we will get the Easter Bunny to bring spring. I would love to have spring flowers in the house like most of my friends however my allergies won’t allow it so I will enjoy them vicariously through my blogging friends.  Have a wonderful week!