Tuesday, March 25, 2014

THOUGHTFUL TUESDAY

 

Time out for Mom

Tuesday, March 25th/14
What is the one question you would ask everyone you meet?

As usual Les at Time Out for Mom is posing a thought provoking question. Most of the people we have met have been on our cruises. I used to ask “how long they had been married?”, however that proved to be awkward as some were just travelling companions. Others had been married 2 or even 3 times. I found I got the same type of answers when I asked about children. I now ask “How many cruises have they done and which cruise lines?”

We are ballroom dancers and tend to hang out with other dancers. When I give people our names I usually say “Judy as in Judy Garland and Fred as in Fred Astaire”. They actually danced together in the movie “Easter Parade”.

Many of the people we meet are Americans and they usually ask about our healthcare system. We of course explain that we pay high taxes to support the care we get. They don’t like taxes. of course on our last cruise the topic was all about our mayor who has become the butt of the late night comedy circuit. We did not vote him in and will not vote for him this time.

Meeting new people is a lot of fun and learning about their experiences is icing on the cake.

I hope everyone gets out and meets new people. Everyone has an interesting story to tell.