Tuesday, March 18, 2014

THOUGHTFUL TUESDAY

 

 Time out for Mom

 

 

 

Everyday Ruralty

 

 

Joining Les at Time out for Mom and her Coffee Chat and Patrice and Wendell at Everyday Ruralty for Chats on the Porch

 

Tuesday, March 18th/14
What Makes You Unique?

My family always says they are glad there is only one of me. I speak loudly and even whisper loudly. It comes from being a teacher as well as the fact that my Mom is deaf in one ear and hard of hearing in the other. Beside I sometimes have to talk through walls. To my children I explain that there is a difference between hard of hearing and hard of listening.

I am glad to me known by my grandchildren as the grandmother that makes funky sweaters, hats, mitts and socks. I also make apple pie and banana muffins. I also let them watch kids TV and eat their breakfast on the couch from TV trays. Grandma also has a special bubble bath routine with a baby powder finish.

My children (even as adults) think I am crazy. My concepts may not always be logical. I love to laugh and look at the funny side of life, however I will cry at commercials. I am not a great cook however my hubby is. I am not cleanest housekeeper but there is always a cup of tea available and my door is always open.

I used to be a good taxi driver however now I just drive everyone insane. Since I am retired I don’t need to go too many places.

Aren’t you glad there is only one of me?

 

Questions:

  1. What are your favorite condiments?  My favourite condiment is malt vinegar on my french fries. I started using it on my last cruise.
  2. What are you reading? Not very much right now as I am busy making sweaters for everyone.
  3. What was the last dessert you had? I had vanilla cupcakes for my granddaughter’s birthday. Otherwise we don’t eat a lot of desserts.
  4. Wendell would like to know if you would build him a snowman. (If you don't have snow, just pretend. He's not detail oriented.) Sorry Wendell the snow has disappeared and I have no coal for the eyes. We use gas.
  5. Tell me something fun or interesting. My granddaughter’s teddy bear picnic with her friends was fun and a great success. Everyone enjoyed the peanut butter and banana sandwiches as well as the strawberries and blueberries. We played pin the tail on the Bear as well.