Tuesday, February 18, 2014

THOUGHTFUL TUESDAY

 

Time out for Mom

 

Tuesday, February 18th/14
When I woke up this morning I thought......

the snow that fell last night. I actually woke up to the sound of my neighbour shovelling the walk. I really have had enough of winter. This time last year I was on a cruise in the Caribbean. It was a great way to miss the snow. Although last year we made our escape between snow storms.

I also thought of my parents who are still having a rough time. It seems no one wants to help them. We are willing to pay good money however good help is hard to find. It is very stressful for my sister who lives in the same city. She basically took over their care 5 years ago because she could get better access. She knows everyone in town however she is frustrated since my parents need better care.

I also thought of my kids who have to return to work today. Yesterday was a holiday in Ontario as well as Charleston so no one had school or work. Everyone enjoyed their time off. The next long weekend won’t be until April for Easter. Of course the kids will get a break in March.

Everyday Ruralty

 

QUESTIONS

  1. Have you been watching the Olympics? Yes we have. I watched the women’s curling and Canada will enter the playoffs as the only unbeaten team. We also saw Canada win against Sweden in Women’s hockey. We also enjoyed the ice dancing especially the Canadian team who performed an Argentine Tango on ice.
  2. Does the grey winter affect your moods? Definitely! It is called SAD and that is how I feel sometimes. I miss getting out for our walks and the burden of wearing such heavy clothing.
  3. When was the last time you held a baby? I held several babies on Sunday. We attended a first birthday party and I got to hold some of the babies that were born last year.
  4. Do you do a thorough spring cleaning each year? Not really! Hubby is the cleaner in the family and he has been sprucing up the space. He redid the kitchen while I was away looking after my parents.
  5. Please tell Wendell a bedtime story. He asked. I said I'd ask you.If you don't feel that creative, tell him a favorite book you think he might like. please:) One of our favourite stories is “Mr. Pine’s Purple House”. Mr Pine lives on Vine Street and all of the house are in a row. They are all  the same so he plants a little bush and everyone else does too. He then plants a larger tree with the same results so he decides to paint his house. He doesn’t want an ordinary house so he paints his house purple. Of course now his neighbours want to paint theirs. He puts his foot down and no else can have a purple house.  I hope you enjoyed this story Wendall.