Friday, January 24, 2014

FRIDAY FRAGMENTS & FOUR FILL IN FUN

 

 

         

Feeling Beachie

 

This week’s co-host is LISA from LISA WRITES she who came up with the last three statements.

The statements:

  • Visiting my grandchildren always makes me happy.
  • If one song represents how I feel right now it is “I could have danced all night”. 
  • In 2013 my biggest challenge was keeping in touch with my friends because we were away so much and made me make more phone calls and write more e-mails.
  • I feel ambivalent about making New Year’s resolutions.

This has been a very busy week. I actually managed to get out every day. It turned colder however I just warmed up the car and wore lots of extra clothing to get about. Fortunately we had very little snow and I didn’t have to walk too far. I must say that I am thankful for the investment in the warm winter coat 3 years ago. I have gotten my wear out of it this winter.

Our “west coast” dancing lessons are progressing nicely. In our second lesson we can actually do 4 steps. This dance has been easier to catch on to because we have so many other dances to compare it with. We have a long way to go but we are thoroughly enjoying the experience.

Our poor daughter H in Charleston will not be going to China with her husband W in May. They have had a few set backs with their cars as well as their kitchen plumbing. We will still make the trip in May to help her look after the children but we will not have the full responsibility.

Son M and his wife M have a big decision to make regarding E’s school next year. We babysat (no sitting involved) while they attended an information meeting. Does E stay in a private school or does she go to the public school across the street?

I also attended 2 Retiree meetings. At the first one A and S joined the group finally. They loved their first meeting. We had a wonderful lunch and a Tai Chi demonstration. The other meeting had a talk about “sleeping children around the world”. This is an organization that provides bed kits for children around the world. It was started by a local gentleman and his family keeps it going.

All in all it was a great week!