Thursday, December 5, 2013

THOUGHTFUL THURSDAY

 

It is with a sad heart that I write this blog today. It is our last day on board the ship. The bags are packed and the final instructions for leaving the ship have been dispatched. We will say good-bye to the wonderful staff who have taken care of us. There smiles cheer us up in the morning and even at night. “Is there anything we can help you with?”, they ask. “Do you need anything?”

We have met some wonderful people who have danced with us, played cards as well as shared many laughs. We have renewed acquaintances with people we cruised with last year. This year we hope to keep in better touch.

I have joined the writer’s club, knitting class as well as the book club. I hopefully have a start on writing my memoirs and have read books I would never have even picked up. I am now more curious than ever to broaden my horizons.

The food has been wonderful and the good news is we have not gained any weight. Of course dancing every night has helped with our diets.

I know I have to return to the real world however it has been lovely while it lasted.

IMG_9815IMG_9816

IMG_9819

2 comments:

  1. So glad you have had a great and safe cruise!! Sorry it took me so long to find your blog!!
    I will definitely be reading frewuently!

    xoxo
    annpaige
    (Melanie)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like you guys had the best possible time!
    Good for you.
    I'd read that book about your adventures!

    ReplyDelete