Wednesday, October 9, 2013

WEDNESDAY HODGE PODGE

Hodge podge Questions-

Here are the questions to this week's Hodgepodge

1. The USA will mark Columbus Day this year on Monday, October 14th. What's something you need or want to explore (literally or metaphorically speaking)?

I would really love to explore Australia and New Zealand. I find them fascinating however I hate to fly and they would be expensive.


2. The Wicked Witch of the West from The Wizard of Oz, Ursula from The Little Mermaid, or Maleficent from Sleeping Beauty...who do you most love to hate?

I would have to say “The Wicked Witch of the West” from “The Wizard of Oz'” because I don’t know the other 2.


3. Is open-mindedness a virtue?

I don’t know if it is a virtue however I would say that being close-minded is a worse state of mind.


4. How often do you weigh yourself?

Quite often when I am home. I made a promise to my doctor not to gain weight so I am more careful now. If I see myself putting on a pound I take an extra long walk that day.


5. This question comes to you courtesy of Rebecca over at Making Memories, so thanks Rebecca!
Costa Rica was recently named the happiest country in the world on the Happy Planet Index. What's the happiest country in the world to you, and what makes it so?

I believe that Canada is a happy country as well. I know it wasn’t at the top however it was in the top 10. Costa Rica is a beautiful country and we spent a lovely day there on one of our cruises. I would definitely go back for another visit.


6. Besides The Bible, what is one book you think should be mandatory reading for high school students? Why?

I think they should read Shakespeare as well as Mark Twain. They both showed a great insight into human frailties.


7. I went shopping at some nearby outlets last week, and while I was there, I picked up a couple of Christmas gifts. How about you? Have you started your holiday shopping yet?

I don’t buy much for the holidays. My children get money and the grandchildren get hats and mitts and sweaters which I have started to make.

8. Insert your own random thought here.

We are getting down to the wire for our cruise. We had great news yesterday as the cruise company has given us some upgrades. We will get a beverage card as well as a special dinner. We are also having Thanksgiving dinner with the family and will celebrate SIL”s birthday as well. Today is my sister P”s birthday as well.