Tuesday, October 15, 2013

THOUGHTFUL TUESDAY

 

Chats on the farmhouse porch!

Everyday Ruralty

A special thanks to Sandra at Thistle Cove Farm

Questions

  1. How many animals do you have? I have none.
  2. Have you begun Christmas plans, travel, decorations, crafts, menu, etc.? Christmas gifts as I make them for my grandchildren. I have started to write my Christmas cards for my daughter to mail as we will be on a cruise until December 13th.
  3. Do you celebrate Harvest Season or Halloween? Usually! Harvest season is Thanksgiving for Canadians so we had the family for a big turkey dinner yesterday. Halloween is big however we will miss it this year since we are on a cruise however I am taking costumes with us and DH says he plans to carry a wineglass and trick or treat for wine.
  4. How do you heat your house? We have natural gas heat.
  5. Do you like dishes with white centers or centers with patterns? I have white dishes with gold trim. My grandmother started me on a set of dishes when I was 10 years old. Every birthday and every Christmas I got a 5 piece place setting of china so by the time I got married I had a complete set. I chose white because then I can use any colour tablecloth.

 

Welcome to the Coffee Chat!!

Write your post, in response to the following image/question:

http://www.marcandangel.com/images/thoughtquestions/12.jpg

I am getting old. To me health and family mean the most to me. Without your health you do not enjoy life to the fullest. Families can be hard work however they are also a blessing. I always say I don’t need a gym membership if I play with my grandchildren.

I have many older friends who have shown me the way. My grandmother was a huge influence on my life. When the going got tough she was my rock. She taught me that everything will work out and to have a cup of tea. She gave me a love of reading as well.

My mother is aging beautifully. In many ways I am following in her footsteps. She retired at 59 and so did I. She kept me grounded and is now showing me what it looks like to live in a retirement home.

My dad is suffering from Alzheimer’s and can remember the past better than the present however he taught me never to be afraid of taking a risk. He was a self-made man literally. He provided for his family and gave us opportunities that others will never get.

I am still learning and thankfully my children and grandchildren are around to show me the new things that are happening. I still can’t play “Angry birds” and I don’t have “Facebook” however I can play a mean game of cards and show them how to make bubbles.

I am delighted to have reached a stage in my life where I can stop and smell the roses.