Wednesday, May 15, 2013

WEDNESDAY HODGE PODGE

 

Hodgepodge Questions

Welcome to another week of random fun. You'll find this week's questions for the Wednesday Hodgepodge posted below...

1. May is National Blood Pressure Month...what sends yours soaring, either literally or figuratively? What calms you down? When did you last have your bp checked?

I had my BP checked in March. Our doctor is 82 years old and still doctoring. Fortunately we have good blood pressure and don’t need any medication. We will visit again in July.

2. You just found $1-what do you spend it on? How about 10$ 100?

A dollar isn’t much these days however I love the cards and bags at the Dollar store and since I have so many babies on the way I keep both cards and bags in stock. I also don’t keep a lot of cash on hand so anything over $10 goes on the credit card.


3. Mandatory labeling of genetically engineered (GE) food has been proposed, but not enacted in the US. How much attention do you give food labels before you buy? Are you in favour of labeling if it means an increase in food prices? Is this an issue you've been following and feel strongly about, or is this the first you've heard of the controversy?

Because we have allergies in the family we do read the labels on a lot of products however we also don’t buy a lot of processed foods because of the salt content.  We don’t buy soup in a can because of the salt. We have homemade soup instead. I won’t pay more since we like to save money.


4. May 15th marks the birthdate of Frank Baum, author of The Wizard of Oz. At this point in time, are you more in need of brains, courage, heart, or a trip back home? Explain.

At my age I will have to say brains since I worry that my memory won’t last long or is it short because I need to write things down to remember them yet I can tell you about incidents that happened 40 years ago.

5. "There's no place like home" is an oft repeated line from Baum's book. When was the last time you felt the truth of that statement?

D H and I love to travel as regular readers of this blog know however I do like to come home once in a while to touch base and at least do the laundry before our next trip.


6.  Steak...yes please or no thank you? What cut do you prefer and how do you like yours cooked? Sauce or no sauce? Besides your own kitchen, where's a place you like to go to get a great steak? 

I do like steak although when I am out I usually chose chicken. D H of course cooks the best steak and I like it medium rare. On our last cruise I did order my steak and it came perfectly cooked. Hold the sauce!

7. When was the last time you were in a genuine hurry?

The last time I was in a hurry was on Monday. I was travelling to my son’s house to take F to gymnastics. I hate rush hour traffic so I actually left a little earlier so I wouldn’t be frustrated and worry about being late.


8.  Insert your own random thought here.

This weekend is a long weekend in Canada. We celebrate Queen Victoria’s birthday with Monday as a holiday. We don’t travel to the cottage anymore however we plan to have a family dinner at my son’s house and watch the fireworks with the granddaughters. After this weekend we will be running non-stop until July. very busy family time ahead.