Wednesday, May 1, 2013

WEDNESDAY HODGE PODGE

Questions for the Wednesday Hodgepodge

Of course you're all welcome to join in the weekly Wednesday Hodgepodge...here are this week's questions- Joining Joyce for:

1.  This week's Hodgepodge is Volume 123.  What's something you've done recently that was as easy as 1-2-3?

Babysit my granddaughters while their mother gave birth to our grandson. They were good girls and we had a lot of fun.


2.  The Wednesday Hodgepodge also happens to fall on the first day of May ...what is something you may do this month?

This is a very busy month. We are planning our 40th wedding anniversary party for June 30 so the invites have to be mailed. My niece’s baby shower has to arranged and my other niece is getting married.


3. The Englishman Horace Walpole is credited as saying, "The world is a tragedy to those who feel, but a comedy to those who think"  How do you see it?

There has certainly been a lot of tragedy in the world however my world has been full of joy and laughter.


4.  May is National Hamburger Month...how often do you eat a burger? What are your must-haves when it comes to burgers?  I assume you vegetarians won't be celebrating so tell us what you'd like instead?

The only hamburgers I will eat are made by D H and I don’t put anything on it. I don’t even have a bun.


5. Pansies, petunias, geraniums, impatiens...of the four mentioned, which is your favourite in a patio pot? Will there be pots on your patio this spring? (Or whenever spring comes to your part of the globe?) Who does the gardening at your house?

Petunias are a big favourite although we have gone mostly perennial in the garden.


6. When did you last (literally or figuratively) shout "Mayday, Mayday!"

When I put my knee out. It was very painful and I couldn’t walk or dance.


7.  Say farewell to your April in ten words or less.

Thanks for the showers as the May flowers are finally arriving.


8.  Insert your own random thought here.

D H and I getting back into our walks. We are also playing “hand and foot”. The dining room table has been converted into a card table. I took off the tablecloth and have left the cards in the middle of the table. D H finally finished the hardest puzzle he has ever done.

IMG_5624