Tuesday, December 11, 2012

WEDNESDAY HODGE PODGE

 

And the Hodepodge,  which is always happy.  Here are this week's questions...

1.  So, when did you last take a walk in the woods? A stroll along the beach? A drive going nowhere in particular in the car? 

The last time we walked to the beach was about a month ago while the weather was cooperating and the sun was shining. We love our beach front walks.

2.  Are you sending Christmas cards this year?  About how many do you send?  Photo card or something more traditional?  How do you display the cards you receive?

Yes I send Christmas cards and have had them in the mail since last week. My overseas ones were done first and had a photo of us from our summer vacation, As far as displaying our cards we have 2 card holders that I have had since I was first married 40 years ago.  They were made by our church ladies out of half a styrofoam ball and felt.  I also have a santa to hold the extras.

3. What's a word you've heard too much of in the past week?

“Oh NO!” our 20 month old daughter is learning to talk and if something isn’t right we hear “Oh NO!”

4. December 13th is National Cocoa Day-are you a fan?  Plain or flavored?  Marshmallows or no marshmallows?

I like my chocolate drink to be hot without marshmellows or whipped cream. Why mess with perfection.

5. What is something you do to help alleviate the hectic pace of the Christmas season?

I love the hectic pace however I am a big planner so I start with something to do every day.

6. Besides jewellery, what's a favourite sparkly-glittery item in your home or closet?

I have several dressed with glittery embellishments as well as some sweaters. I also have gold and silver shoes.

7. Share a favourite line or two from any Christmas carol.

O Holy Night! The stars are brightly shining, / It is the night of the dear Saviour's birth. / Long lay the world in sin and error pining. / Till He appeared and the Spirit ...

8.  Insert your own random thought here.

I can’t believe that I have been retired for nearly a year. This time last year I was having my retirement party and saying goodbye to lots of people I had spent the better part of 23 years with. They were like family.  I have been saying “If I had known retirement was this good, I should have done it sooner”. I have re -established my love of knitting and have many more projects for the coming year.

I have found a whole new family to connect with through blogging. It is very encouraging. D H also has to participate since he supplies me with my pictures so we have to get out and see the world. I have to be on my toes to keep up.

As everyone prepares for the holidays please be SAFE! and HEALTHY!