Wednesday, November 28, 2012

WEDNESDAY HODGEPODGE

 

Only four hodgepodges until Christmas, just in case you're wondering.

1. With that being said, I think I need to dive right into some Christmas related questions, don't you?  Which do you prefer-pretty gift wrap with a bow or a pretty gift bag with/without a bow? What percentage of your holiday gifts are currently (as in right this very minute) wrapped in some form or fashion?

I am a bag person all the way. None of my gifts are ready to be wrapped.

2. What is one item on your Christmas list this year?

I am actually very difficult to buy for. I need some more trouser socks. Hubby and I do not exchange gifts as our cruises are our gifts to each other.

3. What makes a home?

People! Not furniture or knick knacks. It is the love of the people in it.

4. Motown founder Berry Gordy celebrates his birthday today...are you a fan of the Motown sound?  If so who's your favourite Motown artist and/or song?  Here's a list in case you're stuck.

I do like Motown music. I was a big fan of Diana Ross and the Supremes.

5. Red or green...which one is more prevalent in your closet?

I actually have a good mix of both. I have a red dress for Christmas and a green dress for New Year’s.

6. True or false-bacon makes it better?  If you answered true, what's your favourite dish made with bacon?

I don’t eat bacon very often however when we splurge we have Canadian back bacon on a bun.

7. Share a favourite holiday memory.

With 60 Christmases under my belt I have a lot of memories and it is not easy to pick out the special ones. I will tell you about our first Christmas as a married couple. Both D H and I worked right up until Christmas so we did very little decorating. It was Dec. 23rd and D H was put in charge of getting the tree. He went back to our old neighbourhood in search of a Boy Scout tree lot. Unfortunately the best trees were gone and there were only a few scrawny ones on the lot. D H got a tree for a $1 donation. He brought the tree home and decorated it before I could see it in its before state. He admits to having created the tree by sawing off branches and reattaching them in better places. He covered it with Angel hair and had it lit when I got home. I only the trouble he took to make it our best Christmas as a married couple. That tree was definitely decorated with LOVE!

8.  Insert your own random thought here.

I am starting to think of our Christmas activities. We are planning an Open House so I got the invitations made and delivered to our neighbours. I have also started the Christmas cards so a walk to the Post Office is on the agenda. I also have to pick up my baking supplies and start making my goodies. And D H is getting the inside decorations ready to be set up. We have our first Christmas function on Saturday with C, M, E and F.