Tuesday, November 13, 2012

TUESDAY COFFEE CHAT

 


"Lessons Learned"


What's the most important lesson you have learned thus far in life? Did you "get it" straight away, or did it take a few tries? Share your wisdom.

I have learned many lessons in my 60 years in this world. One of the best lessons is “to go for it”.  If you don’t initiate your thoughts into action it won’t happen. I choose to life to the fullest and every day as if it is my last. I feel that destiny will come calling one day and in the meantime I am going to enjoy living.

While I have my health I want to be able to travel and make the most of my days. I am so glad I am retired now so that my time is my own. If you don’t have your health you are limited to what you can do. I see my parents as an excellent example. While they were able they got around. Now that their age has caught up with them they live on their memories.

I have learned that family is very important. I am so glad I had my children while I was young enough to keep up with them. They may not have had all of the luxuries however they were given a great education and the independence needed to be their own persons. I could only guide them to make the right choices. I did not make the choices for them.

I am still learning thanks to my grandchildren. They provide me with a young eye view of the world again. I watch again the stages that I may have missed with my own children.  i get such pleasure when they phone and sing to me or read me a story. Even the young ones who press the buttons on the phone to let me know they are listening.

I think my motto for life would be: LIVE! LOVE! LAUGH!

I hope everyone has a good day.