Thursday, November 8, 2012

THRIVING THURSDAY–PONDERING WITH A PURPOSE

 

Pondering with a Purpose – Independent

Thank you Brenda for hosting:

Photobucket

Are you independent or do you lean on other people for your basic needs....

I would like to think that I am independent. I have been married for nearly 40 years to my wonderful husband. I married straight from home so I never lived on my own. My husband is the cook in the family and he has taken on most of the housekeeping roles. We work together to keep the family together.

The reason I think I am independent is because I can stand on my own in a crisis however I work well with others. During our 40 years together one of us will be the stronger person in the relationship. When I am sick hubby takes care of me and when he is sick I take care of him.

My mother raised all of us to be able to take care of ourselves.  She said that being married is a partnership. I can manage on my own however I can share responsibilities with others. I hope that I have given some of that independent spirit to my own children.

Being married doesn’t mean you have to give up your independence. It just means that you can support and be supported.