Tuesday, November 6, 2012

TEUSDAY COFFEE CHAT

 

Thanks once again to Leslie for hosting the Tuesday Coffee Chat.  This week's theme is:

 

Heroes

img025                            img026

I have to write about 2 very strong women who are my heroes. My first hero is my grandmother who is pictured on the right with my grandfather.

My grandmother was 4 feet 11 inches tall. She gave birth to 19children and raised 9 of them. My mother was the oldest girl and had one sister and 7 brothers. My grandmother loved her cup of tea and the royal family. I think she associated herself with the Queen Mom. She was my guiding light.  My grandmother went back to school when she was 50 years old to become a nursing assistant. She worked in a correctional institute for wayward girls. She kept me on track. My grandmother also shared her love of reading with me. She too loved to curl up with a good book and a cup of tea.

My mother, pictured on the left with my Dad is the other influence in my life. She raised 4 children and managed my father and his business. I admire my mother because she could change diapers, talk on the phone, help with homework and make dinner all at the same time.  My mother inspired an excellent work ethic. She is also the best scrabble player and has encouraged her grandchildren to be their best as well.

Both of these women have made me who I am today. Their influence is still reaching out to the women of the family. They taught me to be able to stand up for myself and be independent. They also showed me how to love.