Thursday, September 6, 2012

THRIVING THURSDAY–BLAME IT ON THE WEATHERMAN

 

Today was supposed to rain.  Yesterday we drove to Ottawa for my Mother’s birthday.  Thank you for your wonderful comments.  We had a birthday lunch for her.  We had diabetic cake and ice cream and the staff at the retirement home led us in the singing of “Happy Birthday”.  It was a wonderful day and my mother went out of her way to look fabulous. 

I woke this morning expecting rain however the sun fooled the weatherman and we are enjoying an extended summer day. So instead of writing my blog earlier today I recuperated from getting up early and driving yesterday. After lunch D H and I took a walk to the beach.  The birds are not singing anymore however the ducks are still paddling and the seagulls are still around.

To show our beautiful un-rainy day D H took these pictures:

IMG_1249IMG_1250IMG_1251IMG_1252IMG_1253IMG_1254IMG_1255IMG_1256IMG_1257

One of the many advantages of being retired and not on a schedule is the opportunity to be spontaneous and enjoy the day.  I hope you enjoy yours as well.