Saturday, March 24, 2012

SATISFACTION SATURDAY

 

As this week comes to a close I will reflect on the happenings that kept me busy.  It was definitely busy.  I reconnected with Bell employees at a Retirement Luncheon on Monday.  We were treated to lunch at the Mandarin restaurant.  The oldest member has been retired over 40 years. It was also good to meet others who are sharing their retirement plans. I have new blog readers. Welcome!

DH and I also participated in the East end meeting of retirees on Tuesday.  The meeting was a little long however I was able to visit my friends who still work in the building.  The job hasn’t changed and I can honestly say I don’t miss. Sorry guys! because they do read my blog on a regular basis.

This blog has been a great way to share what is going on with everyone and I thank all for reading about my life at this stage.  I hope I don’t bore you too much.

This was also a time to spend with my granddaughters.  We had 2 visits. On Wednesday E and F came to our house.  The weather was so good that we went to the Park.  Swinging is definitely the best part.  Higher Grammy higher was the motto.  The second was at their home so their parents could have a dinner out to celebrate their mutual birthdays.  After dinner it was a visit to their park where swinging was the option. 

DH and I thought we could tire E and F out however this scheme backfired as it was Grammy and Grampy who were exhausted. Hopefully the girls will let their parents have a full nights sleep to make up for it.

Of course Dh and I took full advantage of the wonderful spring weather.  DH has some wonderful pictures to share on the blog in the future.  We have been walking around our city parks and observing the renewal of life.  We live in an amazing world.  I hope every one can take a few minutes of their day to appreciate the beauty around us.  Being retired has opened our eyes.

I had a satisfactory week.  I hope yours was too.